1. Gratitude for complaining. Feeling thankful can actually make us happier and healthier, so don’t forget to appreciate every bit of good in life!
3. Meditation for comfort food. When stress strikes, don’t grab a tub of ice cream for comfort. Try dimming the lights and meditating for as little as five minutes— it’s totally calming.
4. Yoga for Facebook. Got a spare 30 minutes? Those Facebook friends won’t post any shape-shifting statuses. Use the free time to roll out the yoga mat and work on flexibility and strength while alleviating stress and anxiety.
5. Being upfront for acting passive aggressive. Roommate forgot to clean the dishes again?Rather than bottling up that anger, be forthright (but nice!). Working out issues is better than building up inner frustration.
6. Journaling for emotional eating. Sometimes a cookie or two can lift our spirits, but writing down our thoughts can be just as therapeutic— no calories involved.
7. Working at a desk for working in the bedroom. Finish that assignment at a desk rather than between the sheets. Working in bed could make it harder to fall asleep!
8. Fun alarm clock song for annoying ringer. Who wants to be woken from a peaceful slumber thanks to an irritating beep? (Waking up early is hard enough.) Choose a fun little melody on the cell phone to wake up to instead!
9. Fancy silverware for plastic. Let’s get a little classy— even in that shabby apartment. Using some nice forks and knives will add some style to that bowl of ramen noodles, making us feel likereal adults.
10. Carpooling for driving alone. H.O.V. lane aside, carpooling with a pal can make a morning commute less boring. Besides, it reduces air pollution and cuts down on gas money.
11. Breathing for bein’ a stress mess. Calm breathing can boost relaxation and calm the mind. Take a long, deep breath to relax the bod rather than stressing out.
12. Smiling for frowning. Even when we’re alone, smiling can improve mood. Try grinning in the shower or on the way to work— it may really make us feel cheerful.
14. Keeping the same bedtime for winging it. Setting a bedtime schedule may help us fall asleep faster, so pick a good time and try to stick to it!
15. Little milestones for big goals. Thinking big is great, but huge goals may take time to reach. Don’t forget the small achievements we can make— they’ll also add up to big, positive change!
16. Clean workspace for clutter. Take some time to put away the laundry and organize the paper-piled desk. Having a clean space may make us more organized and eager to tackle the day.
17. Venting to a friend for bottling it up. Sometimes life isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. When sad or stressed, reach out to a trusted friend instead of holding in the feelings. Just talking could make us feel better!
18. Self-love for self-criticism. We often focus on our faults rather than our worth. Stop pointing out the negative and focus on all those redeeming qualities!
19. Focus on the future instead of dwelling on the past. Don’t focus on yesterday’s issues. Think of the possibilities and go after that goal!
20. Moderation for deprivation. We can still be healthy without skipping dessert. As long as we regulate our indulgences, they can help keep that smile around. So go ahead— treat yo’ self.
21. Planning for procrastination. Got a lot to do? Making a plan, rather than waiting ’til the last minute, helps ensure we get things done.
22. Honesty for excuses. The gym wasn’t too crowded, and the bus actually didn’t come late. Skip the excuses— being honest with others and ourselves is the best option.
23. Comfy shoes for fancy footwear. Blisters and sore soles are never fun, no matter how suave those shoes may look. Better keep it comfy in the foot department.
24. Saying no for over-committing. Sometimes saying no is hard, but agreeing to too much can be overwhelming and bring on sickness. Figuring out what we can realistically commit to will help keep stress away.
25. Color for drab shades. Science suggests wearing red can boost confidence and self-esteem. So save the black for the Batman costume and brighten up that wardrobe.
26. Calling a friend for texting. Phone a friend rather than shooting them a text. It’s more personal, and hearing a friendly voice may lift the spirits.
- getsexy-y reblogged this from tumblrgym
- hottieneko reblogged this from tumblrgym
- cchan6 likes this
- katrina-kay reblogged this from tumblrgym
- life-insane likes this
- lifeiwanttolive reblogged this from beinghealthyisyourchoice
- onlineyoutubedownloader likes this
- in-her-stilettos likes this
- paintthestarsupontonight reblogged this from fatasstohealthybitch and added:
- emmalynsullivan likes this
- teamgorgon reblogged this from tumblrgym and added:
- wonderwwonders reblogged this from tumblrgym
- behealthybefitbetoned reblogged this from tumblrgym
- mickeykayjagger reblogged this from tumblrgym
- fabmons reblogged this from tumblrgym
- get-fit-by-graduation reblogged this from tumblrgym
- blahblahdrawblah likes this
- iwillbestrongerandbetter reblogged this from tumblrgym
- amandabreann likes this
- str0ngisbeautiful reblogged this from zimgetshealthy
- zimgetshealthy reblogged this from tumblrgym
- healthyisbeauty reblogged this from tumblrgym
- thehappycinch reblogged this from kirlicious
- supremebussy reblogged this from fatasstohealthybitch
- tenyearwar reblogged this from tumblrgym
- queenjsk reblogged this from tumblrgym
- queenjsk likes this
- bkachootwo reblogged this from tumblrgym
- allthingsmari likes this
- x14592 likes this
- pmagazine likes this
- aim-reacher likes this
- oneyoung-fluorescentadolescent likes this
- izzykinsss reblogged this from tumblrgym
- hopeisallwehavee likes this
- t-minusthirty likes this
- beinghealthyisyourchoice reblogged this from tumblrgym and added:
- halleus reblogged this from tumblrgym
- ready-tostart-again likes this
- theracheltan reblogged this from tumblrgym
- amelioratethesituation likes this
- mhmlol reblogged this from tumblrgym
- teninchheroine reblogged this from tumblrgym